Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ice dam - Ice Damn!

Aaargh! I just spent some time trying to shovel the ice away from the front of the driveway in the hopes that it will assist my efforts to ride to work this week. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not sure it did any good. And there is still that large patch of snow and ice in the street as well. There are three patches that are pretty thick that I couldn't move. The two closest to the forefront of the image are the ones I really wanted to get at. They are right in my line of entry and exit. No matter. The river of water along the sidewalk will be ice in the morning anyway. It is dammed up all along the block and can't drain. And the snow melt will make the entire entry into the driveway pretty slick in the morning. I put some ice melt down anyway. Actually, I also put some fertilizer down because I thought it was ice melt.

Sigh. This weather is really making me sad. If we have blizzards in the spring I might just lose my mind. But, I won't worry about that now. The forecast for next week looks like this...Should I drive Monday just to check out the road conditions? Or just go for it? I usually do the drive first just to be on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment