Monday, June 21, 2010

Non-Motorcycling Trip to Germany

Last week I went to Germany for a work-related conference in Bremerhaven. Even though I didn't do any riding, it sure made me think about how fun and easy a trip here with motorcycles could be. The town is a small harbor town on the north sea. Not so small that there aren't big city accommodations and amenities. But small enough not to feel rushed and to be able to walk almost anywhere you needed to be. Oddly enough, I didn't see very many BMW motorcycles. Lots of Japanese motos like Honda, Suzuki, and others. Saw Lots of SVs too. Almost every rider I saw was fully leathered up. Very cool. This town seemed to be a good place for the start of a moto tour I think. Light amounts of traffic, close to Bremen, close enough to Hamburg, and about 4 hours drive from Amsterdam.

It was a fun visit. I wouldn't mind going back as a vacation trip some day.

After being away from home for about a week, this morning I threw my leg over the GS to head off to work. Ahhhhh.... this bike sure does fit me like a glove. :-) I was so glad to be riding again I threw my fist on the air to celebrate! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I clearly need to go to Germany! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! I was hoping to find some moto shopping but it was probably a good thing that I didn't. I ended up buying another suitcase anyway for some of the gifts that I bought. That and over packing at the start. You'd think a motorcyclist would be better at packing light! Clearly I need more practice and should take more trips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allaina:

    I also threw my leg over my bike this morning and it felt good even though I had just parked it there yesterday.

    I don't know what is it; the roar of the engine, the twisting of the throttle, the leaning into the curves . . . but it just feels good, esp when you have been away

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete