Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spot Personal Tracker

I've heard lots of motorcyclists talk about the Spot Personal Tracker device. It uses satellites to track your location, create maps of your routes, send emergency alerts if needed, calls selected personal phone numbers in non-life threatening situations, and other things depending on the unit. I've always liked the idea of being able to track my route because I have such a terrible memory. Those I-wonder-where-this-road-goes trips are especially difficult to put down after the fact. So, when I happened to find this:
on the 70% off table at the Eddie Bauer Outlet Store, I couldn't resist. I haven't subscribed to the satellite service yet so I can't tell you anything about it. But, this link tells you all about this particular unit. It looks like the basic service is about $100 a year plus $45 a year for the tracking service. I can't wait to try it out. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good deal and an especially good idea if you like to ride alone or off-road. We tried some and they work great unless you are venturing towards the poles. Tracking showed times when there was no coverage. This shouldn't be a problem for you. Are you planning on getting the "tracking" option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing how you like your new SPOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to get the tracking service but I've spent my motorcycle allowance for this month already. So, it will be a little while before I can sign up and review the device on the blog. Here's to a mild winter with lots of riding time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete