Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Summer!

Ahhh, the first day of summer! It's been beautiful here in and around Boulder. I had only one meeting today and it was around the lunch hour so I didn't make it out for my extended lunch ride up the canyon. Oh well. It was a very busy day at work so the day went by quickly. After work I rode to Chautauqua for a trail run with my good friend. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really like my side cases. I can fit most of my gear in them when I head out for a run. I lock my helmet and jacket to the bike and away I go! The only difficulty is finding a flat spot to park the bike where it either won't tip over or where I can get it off the side stand when I'm ready to go.

There are quite a few new bikes in the lot at work. And almost all of us have side cases. It makes parking interesting. So far no problems though. The day I was the last moto in the lot was a little tricky but I managed ok. There's even a new yellow GS with caribou cases at work now. I don't know who it belongs to but it looks like it's seen some action. If I had yellow cases, we'd be mirror images of each other.

As I was gearing up to leave today, I had a long conversation with a guy on a bicycle who was registered for the moto safety class this weekend. He asked me all sorts of questions about what it's like to commute. He seemed like a bright kid who would enjoy a motorcycle. I wished him good luck and told him to have fun and bring lots of water because it was going to be a hot weekend.

Not too much more going on these days other than the commute. Life is good. Motorcycling and running does a body and soul good. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I would imagine the GS is perfect for where you live? ALthough I am not a whizz on American geography. We have some greattrail rides here in NZ, and I am thinking seriously of getting a bike like yours and having a go at adventure riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boulder is one of my favorite towns, especially this time of the year. I have frequently been baffled on how to secure my gear to the bike if I want to go for a walk. All of it doesn't seem to fit into the side cases. The one item I can't figure out how to secure are my boots.

    Last weekend was the Midnight Sun Run which started at 10PM with people still out on the course past midnight. One big party all along the route...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to find out that my boots fit inside my side cases! It is a tough one. I can't always fit my pants and boots in there. It all depends on what else I'm carrying home. I'm not sure how else I'd be able to lock either of those without the side cases. I've considered just leaving my boots by the bike thinking they'd be too stinky and too small for anyone who might want to steal them. But, They wouldn't be cheap to replace either. I did leave a larger water bottle sitting on my bike yesterday. I wouldn't have felt bad if it walked away. but, it was still there when I returned.

    ReplyDelete