Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Trapped in the Garage


So, there has been some water main work going on in the neighborhood that finally made it's way to our block about a month ago. I don't actually remember when it started but it sure feels like it's been at least a month. We got a notice saying not to park on the street between the hours of 7am and 5pm. You may remember that we have quite a collection of vehicles at our house. So, we've parked the F-250 in the driveway next to the Chevy S10 (which my hubby drives on the weekend). We also have my step-daughter's Subaru. She parks in the driveway behind the S10 because she works the morning shift at Starbucks. When there is a big pile of dirt in front of our house, I park behind the F-250. Usually, hubby, who drives an Escape for work, and I can both park on the street because we are usually not home between 7am and 5pm. But, the F-250 remains, which means, I can't get the motorcycle out of the garage.

We can't really move it because we can't park it on the street. And even if we could, and I took the moto to work, I'd then have to find a place to park the Forester during the day. It's just not worth the trouble for a project that we hope will soon be over.

In the meantime, we've been enjoying watching this little one grow and learn. :-)




I also recently learned about this class being offered in Colorado!
http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/intro2adv.html
I am seriously considering spending some of my savings on this. How cool would that be!?!

Hope everyone is enjoying their spring time weather!


2 comments:

  1. Losing your street parking during the day must be a major pain, especially if they don't give you some solid dates. When I've been home, I've been enjoying Spring on foot, on x-country skis or on the bike w/sidecar. The bicycle has only mede it out a couple of times this winter (lazy) and I ran for the first time since the marathon last Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that street work is creating a parking fiasco for you.

    And holy cow your granddaughter is growing up fast. Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete