Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nothing to see here....

There is nothing to see her, obviously, since I haven't reported anything in two weeks. Haven't been riding much. I thought I was getting sick but realized I was just worrying myself sick. Not even for anything that deserves such worry. I have been focused, or trying to stay focused on my half marathon training because I'll be out of town for about 3 weeks straight four weeks before the half. First I'll be traveling to Fairbanks (for work, not by moto) for about a week. Then the day after I get back, I'll be flying to to Atlanta to meet up with my brother so he and I can drive to the Indy 500. (It's our 3rd trip!) So, lots of traveling, not much time for training. I've also taken to driving when I need to get a run in after work. It's just quicker because I don't have to change out of my moto gear into my running gear, and since it's still pretty chilly around her, I actually have to change out of my street clothes which I still am wearing under my moto gear. It's a process.

So, not much riding. Today I didn't ride because I had a dentist appointment yesterday and still feel a bit loopy from the Novocain or whatever it is they use. It's hard for me to get that stuff out of my system. Exercise actually helps they say, so that's good.

I'm hoping to be back to my normal self tomorrow so I can ride. The weather has been wet and cold. I've been wanting to try out my Olympia jacket in the rain too. I have a review I'd like to publish about that jacket but thought I'd get a rain ride in before I write it all up.

Anyway....I'm still around, just not riding much.

Here's a picture I took of the last time I rode, which was this past Friday. We had a department wide event with some posters showing our research or, in my case, library and archives activities. We have these nice archival metal edge poster boxes to transport the posters. Since my institution is not on the main campus, I had to bungee the box to the moto to ride there. :-)

6 comments:

  1. The rain and cold is a deterrent to riding I find. Some days I think I won't mind but others I just forget it.

    Hope you have some sunny days coming up so you have a chance to ride. Of course that won't help you with your jacket review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in Fairbanks, give me a call or email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trobairitz: I used to think I was more "hard core" than that but lately, I'm not feeling such a burning desire to be out in the wet and cold. I'm sure I'll get that feeling back again, or not. I'm ok either way.

    Richard: I will drop you a line. I'll be in Fairbanks May 16th - 23rd. My hubby and aunt will be tagging along the 18th - 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May is actually a pretty nice time to visit Alaska. Before most of the tourists get here and the weather is usually pretty nice. Some of the touristy things don't open until Memorial Day. Depends on what you want to do (that's not work related)

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. For non-work related things to do we were hoping to get to Denali NP but I think it is scheduled to open the week we get there so I'm not sure how that will play out. I also saw that there is a 5K on the 22nd. :-) We fly back on the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that bus service in the park starts on May 20. Private vehicles aren't normally allowed past Savage Creek (15 miles from the entrance). But they used to allow driving in before Memorial weekend. But you would probably still see lots of wildlife from the bus.

    Don't know anything about the 5K on the 22nd though it may be through Running Club North. I believe they have a website.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete