Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mike's Motorcycle - Boulder

My second ever oil change happened recently. 4,000 miles was the magic number. I'm a fairly loyal customer and had planned to use the dealership for service, at least while the GS is still under warranty or still owned by the BMW bank. But, they really are not conveniently located, especially during the week. Fortunately, there is a shop near my work. Mike's Motorcycle is a place I'd visited before, even before I got the GS. I happened upon it when I walked to what I thought was a post office. (It turned out to be a drop box.) It is a 15 minute walk from work. Not only is it close but (surprise!) the oil change is significantly cheaper than the dealer. Win-win. I rode over to the shop to drop off the bike. They even let me leave my helmet there. Very cool! A couple of hours later, it was all done. :-)

The only thing about oil changes is having to remove the tank saddle bags. It's kind of a bummer but I think, after lots of practice, I'll be able to put them back on exactly how I want them. It actually wasn't too tough this first time. I think I'll trim the straps a bit too. That will make the process more manageable.

I may still use the dealer for other things, but we'll see. They do have loaner bikes there, which is enticing. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Allaina:

    it's always good to save money, and all the better as it was more convenient. Going out of your way to save money is more of a chore. so you win-win this time.

    I'm going to have to ride more to catch up to your mileage

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete