Sunday, April 11, 2010

My New Top Case!!

I have the best husband ever! He has a top case on his CX500 that he mounted to his rear rack. After I got the GS, he got to thinking about how to mount a similar one for me. They are army green night vision goggles cases. We found a few on Craig's List for $15 each. We bought 3. (I use one in my car as a tool box.) He painted mine yellow which just happened to be nearly a perfect match to the Wolfman tank side bags and tank bag that I have. The mount is fitted to the rack and slips on and off very easily. The box is attached to the mount and the whole thing is fixed to the rack.

I also have a matching tool tube but we haven't decided yet where to attach it. Maybe when I get some side cases it will mount there.

I love it!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

3 comments:

  1. Really nice work and it looks great. The color seems to match well. They look like they're waterproof and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allaina:

    from a distance, your yellow case looks like a Pelican. waterproofed for your camera equipment I presume

    I love your GS and yellow is my favourite colour

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I haven't really ridden in the rain yet to test it out. But, the other day I did ride home in a sprinkle and everything stayed water tight. The case is similar to a Pelican case. It's a rattle can yellow paint job that looks great! Hubby just bought some Hardigg cases for side bags so those will be added "soon".

    bob: I don't have much in the way of camera equipment. And there is no foam in the case either. Mostly it's for my daily work commute to keep my clothes dry.

    ReplyDelete