Friday, March 9, 2012

Dead Battery

Well, it was bound to happen I suppose. I decided to ride to work today. My mom and aunt decided against getting up early to come to work with me so they could spend the day at the mall. That opened the door to commuting by GS! My lovely hubby even did me the favor of checking and correcting my tire pressure last night. This morning I got geared up and walked out to the garage to back the bike out. Wait a minute I thought. I should really check to see if it'll start before I push it out. Sad, sad moto noises when I turned the key. :-(

Oh well. I wasn't too surprised. I hadn't ridden since I bought the car (except that one time) which was in October. That's 4 months of sitting over the winter. Sad, sad moto. :-(

The good news is, I get to buy my own battery tender! Hubby has his bike plugged into his battery tender. Maybe I'll stop at MotoGear Outlet on my way home from work. The forecast for the next week is showing 70 degrees mild and sunny. Woo hoo!!

Rock on my friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Keeping a battery charged really extends the life of the battery. The tender will be a great addition for you. Warmer days are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to jump and run the bike first as the battery tender/trickle chargers aren't designed to go from completely dead. Plus that'll be a great reason for an evening ride....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I've never had to do this before. I've always just ridden year round. I think I may need to give my Rounders sticker back... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor battery. I bet you can't wait to get it charged before that 70 degree weather hit though.

    I'm lucky/spoiled, hubby keeps my bike plugged into a battery tender since this time of year it only gets ridden about every 3 weekends or so depending on weather.

    ReplyDelete