Monday, February 24, 2014

Hello!!

Has it really been that long since I last blogged? For shame! No excuse really other than, I haven't been riding so there's not much to blog about. And, this blog post isn't even about riding. It is to say that I have a fabulous new job!!

Today was my very first day as the Head Librarian (and Archivist) at the Denver Botanic Gardens!! I think I love it already! Seriously, after only one day, I think it's the best job I've ever had. All of the folks I met were very excited to see me and were excited about the library and excited about their own jobs. It's a fairly big place so, granted, it was a small sample but, it was a very nice feeling to be welcomed so warmly.

Free covered parking! Woo hoo!! Shorter commute with more traffic. Boo hoo. But, I think, once I settle in, and the weather warms, I will be able to find a scenic commute on the moto. I may even be able to request a small helmet shelf in my office. Or, I can at least bring one and have someone install it for me. :-)

Cheers to new beginnings (and stable job funding)!!!

4 comments:

  1. Allaina:

    congrats on your new job. It makes a difference to do something you enjoy and something to look forward to everyday. To feel welcomed is a Bonus

    bob

    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I was wondering how things were going on the job front…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, to combine a love of plants and books, dream job.

    Congrats on the new job!!

    Good to know you are alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Sorry to be out of touch. I'm hoping now that the job is secure and fabulous, that I'll have more time to ride and less time for stress. :-) Rock on!!

    ReplyDelete