Sunday, April 10, 2011

Riding and Running and Stuff

I've been commuting a bit but the weather has been odd lately. And I've been running, or planning on running some days, which some times means I don't ride. I don't know why. It's been an odd last couple of weeks. Some distantly related sadness but nothing that affects me directly. Doesn't make it less sad. So, riding hasn't been at the top of my priority list. I become a fair weather rider when my head's not in it. I'm ok with that.

One thought has occurred to me recently. I've got a little over 13,000 miles on my GS now, a year and a half into owning it. When I sold my 450 Rebel, I'd put about 15,000 miles on it in about 3 years of ownership. That makes me smile. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Staying off the bike when you're just not feeling it is very wise. Sounds like you're in a Blah Patch -- when life just wants to get in the way of riding.

    13000 miles on the GS already? That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've been very good about not arguing with my inner motorcyclist when she tells me not to ride. It's been my rule from day one and I've stuck with it; if I have to convince myself to ride, it's probably wise to stay off the bike.

    Today was a beautiful day to die, and my inner motorcyclist agreed! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way. When something tells me it's not right to ride that day, I don't. Could be mental block, could be mood, could be weather but I can usually tell those days where I won't enjoy it. I'll either take the car, stay home or ride pillion so I'm not in charge of the machine.

    It is good to listen to the voices in your head.

    ReplyDelete