Friday, April 29, 2011

Riding and Running

Had a good two days of commuting yesterday and today. This weekend there is talk of snow, rain and very cold (in the 40s) high temperatures. Sigh. It's the price we pay for living so close to the mountains.

Yesterday, after all my complaining about not riding when I had to run, I rode and I ran. I ran with some friends from work on a trail near Boulder. We did about 6 miles. Here is a photo of me gearing up after the run.

I just threw my moto pants and jacket on and headed home. It was a little chilly, being a little sweaty after the run, but as the season goes on, that will change. My legs weren't too happy with the ride home though. I'll have to spend more time stretching before getting back on the bike I think.

I tried to catch the brilliant red sunset on my ride home but it faded before I got to the pull out. Here's a photo of it anyway. It was something to see! Very cool! I wish I would have caught it in time. All of the pinkish parts were a brilliant red.

Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Wait a minute... you call 40F (5C) cold? You're kidding, right? Well, at least you got out riding. Nice after sunset pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SonjaM! Snow, rain and cold high temperatures is what I said. It's colder than that when I leave for work in the morning but it isn't snowing or raining and it gets warmer later in the day. 40s aren't cold but combined with snow and rain it is.

    On another note, my hubby showed me a 2005 F650GS for sale locally on Craig's List that was yellow with yellow pelican cases and yellow hand guards! It was beautiful! :-)

    By the way, the weather is great today! But no riding. Gotta get some house work done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Allaina. It is nice you were able to combine both hobbies - going for a run and a ride. Hope you get some warmer weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks. Been out of town for about 3 weeks. I'll be posting soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete