Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sad moto....

So, my moto stalled a couple of times recently. The second time there was some surging or something going on prior to the stall. So, that prompted me to take it to my trusty BMW mechanic. He ran a diagnostic test and found these error codes:
He said this will be warranty work. Unfortunately, he can't do the warranty work. He says I'll have to take it to the dealer because BMW makes it too difficult for him to get paid for warranty work. That made me sad. I like having my bike at his place. Oh well. So, I called Foothills BMW to make an appointment. It's there now. For some reason, they can't pull any codes because they said the computer isn't talking to the machine. They also said something about my bike's computers not talking to the bike. I sent them this image with the codes, on their request. They said they won't be able to tell me much until they can figure out what's up with the computers. And then they'll be able to start to figure out what's making the bike stall.

That was yesterday, when I dropped it off. I haven't heard anything more yet today. I'm getting impatient - I am impatient - and worried for our road trip. I told my hubby this must be payback for all the times I talked trash about his old bike and him always working on it. Sigh. Payback is a bitch.

I'm still working on my write up about the top gun class. My laptop is possessed and won't let me open any programs. I wanted to make some diagrams of the exercises we did. I may just have to post it all as a long text document. Sigh. When it rains, it pours I guess.

And, speaking of... my car is not happy either. The temperature gauge is heading towards high again, for no apparent reason.

My brother says I need a back up Honda Magna in the garage. I think he's right.

4 comments:

  1. I went to the dealership and brought my service guy some cookies. He appreciated that and also said it was nice to meet me in person. That made me feel a little better. But, I don't think we'll be making our road trip. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about no road trip. Not even cookies could make the bike feel better.

    Lpoking forward to the Top Gun post.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bummer. I didn't know that Beemers could go all awry. Hope your bike will be feeling better soon. I know there was a good reason for having a spare bike...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the day when I have a spare bike, but alas, if anything happens to my little Symba I'm down until she comes home. Bummer.

    Hope everything gets sorted out with your BMW. This seems to be a summer for a number of us to have thwarted plans. I've had to call off two trips so far. Neither because of the bike, but still . . .

    Good luck and I'm sure the cookies helped.

    ReplyDelete