Thursday, May 30, 2013

6th Anniversary & 4th Road Trip!!!

Howdy folks!! Well, I haven't been riding much lately hence the lack of blog entries. But, we shall be making up for that when we make our next motorcycling road trip. It's our 6th wedding anniversary (on July 27th) and our 4th road trip with the only goal being to visit a place neither of us have been before. It was in our vows to visit new places. :-) Hubby's suggestion was to finally get to Utah. I've never visited any of the parks there. And I've only driven through once on a road trip with his daughter to visit colleges. She chose Oregon State in Corvallis and has long since graduated. That was an awesome road trip. She only had her driving permit. We drove my Civic from Denver to the west coast and back to Denver. Good times indeed. :-) But, I digress...

We've selected Capitol Reef National Park for this trip. The hubby has been to Arches and Canyonlands before so Capitol Reef was the next closest location. Bryce would have been our first choice I think but, rooms were all booked already. No worries. There are all sorts of things to see and do in that part of the world. We are excited to see and do them!

I just booked our room in Caineville, UT. It's on the east side of the park so, closer to Colorado. I think it will be another grand adventure. How can it not?  :-)

Stay tuned!!

(Hmmm.... I wonder if we can find a dual sport for the hubby before July 20th.... hmmmm....)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Looking forward to the ride report. The last time I was in Capitol Reef was back in the mid 70s. We were doing field work in central Utah and I couldn't resist going into the park to look around. From what I remember, a dual sport would be nice to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo another anniversary trip all set up. Me thinks you will have a lot of fun - how could you not........

    I too am looking forward to the ride report since I've never been to any of the parks in Utah.

    ReplyDelete