Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quick trip to Boulder

I did this loop this afternoon. Points D through J are on dirt roads. Not really offroad roads, just unmaintained roads. An easy fun way to get used to being on something slipperier than pavement. Most of it was dry but some places, especially in the corners, were wet and a bit muddy. Mostly just slick. But, it was a nice ride. And for once, I followed my outlined route. :-) The weather was nice and cool, mostly cloudy. I even got sprinkled on a bit coming back through Boulder. My goal was to get some video from the bike. We took the bags off to put the crash bars on, so, while the tank bag was off, I loaded up the camera mount on the handle bars. The mount doesn't work with the bag there. After the loop, I decided to try mounting the camera on the crash bars to see what kind of action shots would come out. I was quite happy with how it turned out. It took me a long time to get the mount situated but eventually I did. Take a look at the results below.



I'll have to figure out how to manipulate the camera and video settings to help with the focus. I can actually see the screen, sort of, as I'm sitting in the saddle. And I can also reach the power button and start button too. Not a good thing to do as I'm moving but once I'm stopped safely or at a stop light I'll be able to turn the camera on or off. The camera eats batteries when the video is recording. That's the main issue. I'll have to figure out if I can plug it in some how to the bike. A task for another day.

Tomorrow is a holiday for me so I may get out again and shoot more video. Even though the clouds were quite ominous looking over the foothills, the forecast says tomorrow is supposed to be similar to today. Maybe I'll head south tomorrow. Or east. I'll have to check the statewide forecast to get a better idea of what weather to expect where.

No comments:

Post a Comment