Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reflectivity

I took this photo this morning before heading off to work. I was trying to capture my winter riding gear. Although, this morning is was pretty warm compared to earlier in the week. So, I had on fewer layers. My rain pants weren't needed to block the wind. I didn't realize how fabulously reflective I am. That was a pleasant surprise. I strive to be conspicuous on the motorcycle. I am glad I bought this Olympia vest to wear over my Tour Master jacket. I've even worn it over my mesh hi-viz jacket in the evening because of the large reflective patches. There's a large one on the back as well. The piping down my pant legs works well too. It is very narrow piping so I am never convinced of it's effectiveness. But, the flash from the camera certainly lit it up. There are also reflective strips on the tank saddle bags. I think I'll add more reflective stickers to my helmet. There are two reflective fleur de lis on the sides toward the back. Time for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment