Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Medicine Ball Moto Workout

I've been doing this fitness boot camp since April of last year. I didn't join for any motorcycling reasons but I've certainly benefited from the workouts when I'm on the bike. Today, while searching for the proper name of a particular exercise, I found this link: http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ultimate-medicine-ball-workout. I think it would be a fabulous motorcycling workout. And all you need is a medicine ball. You don't even need a lot of room. You could even do it in your living room while watching tv. I like doing exercises with the medicine ball because it also improves my grip strength. I use an 8lb ball at home and either the 8lb or 6lb ball at boot camp depending on the exercise and who my partner is at the time.

Ride safe!

2 comments:

  1. Great link. I think we could all use a little strength training for the upcoming riding season.

    We have a stability ball but don't use it nearly enough. Must get back into walking 3 miles a night too.

    Thanks for the reminder to get some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link. I have really been slacking off this winter an need to get going again. Especially since I want to do several runs again this year. Thank you for the motivation...

    Richard

    ReplyDelete