Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Heat

It's been in the 90s all week. Ok, it's on Wednesday, but the heat sure makes the days seem longer. On Monday, I bought a bottle of water, drank half of it and dumped the rest on myself to get my shirt wet for the ride home. That was much better. Almost like air conditioning. Tuesday, I planned ahead. I ran my shirt under the faucet so the whole thing was uniformly wet. I also wet the top of my socks. It was a much more comfortable ride. My socks dried up faster than I thought they would. I wear Smart Wool ski socks. They stay up, don't slouch down inside my boots and have a nice bit of cushion on the shins. They are pretty warm though. I'll have to look around for some summer socks. I think the heat from the engine along with the air flow from the ride dried them out too quickly. The front of my poly shirt dried quickly too. Before we hit the road for Devils Tower, I think I'll buy a couple of those cooling vests. I don't see how we'll survive the heat without them. It was making me a bit loopy after a while. And that's not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment