Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prepping the bikes

This week I'll be taking the GS in for an oil change. I'm also going to have them look it over to make sure there isn't anything weird going on before the road trip. I can't imagine what they might find since the bike is so new but I'd feel better knowing it was done. I'll also have them check and lube the chain while it is there. Yes, I can probably do this myself I just don't know when I'll have time. Work is keeping me late this week because I have some deadlines to meet before we leave. I'd rather this small task be done by some one who isn't distracted, like me.

My lovely hubby added my grab-on grip covers for me. They do help with the vibration a lot. But, they also make the grips fatter. That was something I thought I wanted but right now I haven't gotten adjusted to them and it still feels weird. But the cramp buster does fit and work with them so that's good. On our ride to Loveland on Sunday my left hand didn't fall asleep at all. But, my right still does. Hubby thinks I need to relax my grip. I think he is right. On my ride with my brother on Monday, my hand fell asleep almost immediately. Ugh. That's so not good. It was a bit painful. I'll need to figure something out soon. Or at least on the road.

We also tried out the new Scala headsets on Sunday's ride. Those are awesome! It's so nice to be able to talk when we need to. I thought they might inspire us to talk a lot more but that didn't seem to be the case. We aren't very chatty anyway. But, when we got separated at a stop light we could talk to each other without the other wondering if they should stop to wait or what. That was nice. They could stand to be louder but they are loud enough. I think our hearing just ain't what it used to be. But, they also worked ok with the earplugs too. They don't pick up the engine noise although, and I need to remember to mention this to him, I thought I was hearing a far off siren on the ride back home that I think was actually something being picked up from hubby's bike.

Hubby is still working on the side cases.

Only 5 days until we hit the road!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment